Thursday, January 22, 2009

Politics- the Governor and President

1.) I had lunch with Nevada's Governor Jim Gibbons today in Las Vegas. There were also about 40 other people there. That is the closest I have ever been to a high level politician. I have to say I thought he would have been a little more outgoing to greet and shake the hands of us who were there. I am sure he was very busy but still...he couldn't shank hands with us. Perhaps that is politics as usual.

2.) I didn't vote for our new President but I truly wish him well and hope he does a good job for all our sakes. I am sorry to see Georgie go. I know a lot of people hated him ( I never could under stand their level of hate) but I was not one of them. I didn't always agree with him but I always felt he did what he thought was right for the people not for his political party. And just so you know, I will not follow the Democratic way and hate out new President just because I didn't vote for him. Now that Georgie is gone I wonder who those Democrats will hate now. That much hatred will have to go some place. Well, time will tell.

3.) I under stand that the First Grandmother will be living at the White House to take care of the First Children. I think that is really great. With all the new duties thier parents now have, who better to care for them then thier Grandmother. Yes, I know, they can have the best nannies available but that is no substitue for a childs parent. Grandma living at the White House is a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment